Inspirational Journey of a Self-Accomplished Producer, Writer, and Director – Madhur Bhandarkar
Satisfaction is when you read something inspiring; motivation is when you meet someone self-accomplished about whom people write. I am writing about someone who is a self-made producer, director, and writer. His success story and prominent works have given millions of people a hope to stay focused towards their goals. Please read further about an amazing personality – Madhur Bhandarkar.
Name: Madhur Bhandarkar
Profession: Producer, Writer, and Director
Place of Residence: Mumbai
Date of Birth: 26th August
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Prominent Works in Movies:
- Indu Sarkar
- Traffic Signal
- Page 3
- Chandni Bar
- Specials @ 10
About Madhur Bhandarkar:
Madhur Bhandarkar is a popular producer, director, and writer from India. He is known for some of the best critically successful films that have brilliantly worked at the box office. Madhur is a school dropout and has seen life’s worst ups and downs. Some of his days of hardships include, selling gums at the signals, working for video cassette library, and several other petty tasks. Despite the hurdles in life, he never learned to bend down in tough times.
Awards and Recognition:
- Madhur has been invited and honored as a guest of honor at several international yoga day celebrations and other similar programs in the United Nations.
- He is also an awardee of Padma Shri by the Indian Government.
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute nominated him as one of the most influential society members of the Institute.
- Madhur has been felicitated with the Bharat Gaurav Award at the United Hall, New York.
- Various IIMs and top business colleges invite Madhur as a guest lecturer and motivational speaker.
- He has also represented India at the BRICS Film Festival.
- Madhur is known to have received various critics’ awards, national awards, and international recognition for some of his best films like Chandni Bar, Corporate, Heroine, Page 3, Fashion, and more…
My Meet with Madhur Bhandarkar:
I and my sister, Author Bhairavi Sharma met Madhur at his office in Andheri in the noon time. The moment you enter the reception of his office, you will come across walls loaded with his brilliant movie posters. He has a polite staff that took us to his official cabin. I was awestruck to see his cabin full of beautiful Lord Ganesha Idols, his awards, and books everywhere. Yes, Madhur is an avid reader and ardent lover for books.
Madhur’s spectacular command over English can make any IIM graduate conscious to talk in front of him.
In my interaction with him, very beautifully he explains that nothing can stop you if you wish to do something with all your heart and soul. People give up on their dreams with excuses such as the age factor, poor academic background, no financial stability, etc. Madhur has been through similar situations in his struggling days but, he also followed one thing strongly;
‘Life goes on and we must take every learning experience to be stronger and more focused.’
Straight from the Writer’s Desk:
I am yet to know more about Madhur as an adept director and writer. There is so much left to ask, receive, and learn from Madhur Bhandarkar. He won’t let you feel that you are sitting next to such a luminous personality; Madhur carries a very simplistic approach towards people. Words are falling short to describe my experiences of watching some of his exceptional yet realistic movies such as Heroine, Fashion, and Corporate.
I am sure millions like me would urge the master of films, Madhur Bhandarkar to continue releasing such apt pieces and combine them to ‘masterpieces’ like he has done so far.
Thank you for this short and sweet interaction Madhur; I am eagerly waiting to see you on my talk show, Seasons with Shruti Sharma for eye opening questions and informative answers related to cinema.
Love and Light.